Professional TESA/PESA Treatment in TilaknagarSpecialist in IVF and Fertility
Aanvi Fertility and Women's Centre is the best IVF and male & female fertility treatment
centre in Tilaknagar, Hyderabad. As specialists in male fertility treatment, we offer TESA
and PESA tests in Tilaknagar, Hyderabad.
TESA and PESA treatments are minor surgical procedures to harvest sperm. Dr. Swarna, a holder of a postgraduate diploma in obstetrics and gynaecology, is a trained gynaecologist in Tilaknagar.
Besides, she is an ICOG-certified ultrasound scanning expert and a specialist in infertility treatment for both females and males as she has attended many infertility workshops organized by renowned doctors across India.
What Is TESA/PESA Treatment
In males with infertility issues, the main problem for IVF treatment is the non-availability of viable sperm in the ejaculate. TESA and PESA are less invasive methods of retrieving sperm from the testes of a man with the help of a thin needle. These treatments are recommended for men with:
PESA Test in Tilaknagar, Hyderabad
Percutaneous Epididymal Sperm Aspiration (PESA) treatment is also a surgical procedure for collecting sperm. This treatment involves the employment of the needle and syringe technique, as in the case of a needle biopsy.
However, the needle is placed directly into the epididymis. PESA often provides good results when the testis is producing sperm but there is a block in the vas deferens, that is, for men with obstructive azoospermia.
• Administration of anaesthesia: This test is usually performed under local anaesthesia.
• Testes examination: The doctor swabs the scrotum with a warm antiseptic to disinfect the area before the procedure. The testes are examined to locate the vas deferens. Blockages or abnormalities, if any, are also detected.
• Extraction of sperm: After locating the vas deferens, a small needle is inserted into the epididymis or vas deferens. The plunger draws out seminal fluid into the syringe.
• Inspection for sperm motility: The extracted seminal fluid is examined by the embryologist to determine the number of motile sperm. The PESA test will be repeated if an adequate number of sperm is not obtained.
TESA Test in Tilaknagar, Hyderabad
Testicular Sperm Aspiration (TESA) is a minor surgical procedure for extracting sperm from males with azoospermia caused by epididymis blockage due to previous medical procedures or contamination.
• If the PESA procedure does not provide sperm, then a TESA test is performed.
• The surgery is carried out under local anaesthesia.
• The scrotal skin is punctured and a spring-stacked needle is gradually inserted into a testicle.
• The extracted testicular tissue is placed in culture media in the lab and the sperm are separated from inside the seminiferous tubules and are freed of surrounding testicular tissue.
The doctor will assess your condition and then decide which test, TESA or PESA, is the best-suited one in your specific case. Since TESA and PESA are done as outpatient procedures, the recovery time is just a day.
After the procedure, you are advised to wear tight-fitting pants to support your scrotum. You may also be given pain relievers. As they are minimally invasive procedures, you can leave the hospital/clinic the same day.
Most men who have fertility problems often assume that they are sterile and it is not possible for them to impregnate their wives.
Many of them do not realize that their problem could be due to a condition that is preventing sperm from coming out of their reproductive systems during ejaculation.
The PESA and TESA tests will help doctors determine exactly what the problem is and provide the right treatment to solve it by harvesting sperm right from the testicles or epididymis using a thin needle.
This will help men impregnate their wives through In Vitro Fertilization (IVF).
Dr. SwarnaGynecologist in Tilaknagar has successfully helped many men with fertility problems through appropriate treatment at Aanvi Fertility and Women's Centre in Tilaknagar, Hyderabad.
The centre has been in operation in Hyderabad for years now and is renowned for providing state-of-the-art treatment for male infertility in Tilaknagar, Hyderabad.
Hesitation on your part to consult with the doctor can only aggravate your condition. Call us today to book an appointment!